Ayurvedic Treatments – Effective Ayurvedic Strategies for Eye Care
In the current mobile era, the first and last thing a person would do in a day is to look into their ever-time companion, Mobile Phones. Our eyes are on a continuous strain from dawn to dusk, as we are staring over some kind of gadgets during the day. So, at the end of the day or a week, your eyes are subjected to becoming watery or dry and the ultimate result is strained or tired eyes which causes discomfort, itching or irritation. The stress or strain you put on your eyes with digital devices or on the exposure to too many lights is heavy, paving the way for a seat of pitta dosha. Now, to deal with the same, Ayurveda Dubai, gives a complete picture of how each element in the eye is functioning. It is said that the eyes have muscles that can be related to the earth’s elements like fire, air, water and space. They can be matched up with the blood vessels, eye colour, eye’s white area and the tear ducts and channels respectively.
Without the efficient functioning of eyes, the world around you could not do better for no reason. Eye care is to be handled with extra care, especially when your eyes are to be subjected to pollutants or else when you are constantly engaged with digital gadgets. Not considering the eyes for sufficient care can end up in more serious stages. Extreme discomfort with vision care may further lead to adverse vision problems like weaker eyesight, conjunctivitis and premature macular degeneration. So, as part of taking care of them, wash them with water on a frequent basis to ensure proper eye health.
According to Ayurveda, proper food structure could be a powerful medicine and the science of Ayurveda specifically mentions food items that help strengthen eye health to the core. Ayurveda upholds home remedies to wipe the many of the problems on the list, at least to some extent. Especially, the people who tend to spend most of their time in front of the computer for the sake of their job may find their eyes become irritated and strained which would in turn worry you with the dryness of the conjunctiva. All these health concerns are mainly due to excess vata dosha, and sometimes also falls for pitta dosha.
The functioning of the eye holds prime importance in our daily life and it stays prominent among many in our bodies. Both eyes need to be kept safe and secure and protected from environmental pollution and allergy which may eventually cause early vision loss, blurred vision, dryness of the eyes, redness, and watering.
Let’s check some of the measures to upkeep better eye care:
- Eyes go beneficial with some kashaya or choornas of Triphala, by mixing it with honey or ghee.
- Triphala Churna combination with ghee, honey or sesame oil has different purposes for Pittaja eye diseases, kaphaja eye diseases and vataja eye diseases respectively.
- Protection of eyes from all sorts of diseases could be made true with the regular washing of eyes in Triphala kashaya.
- As a regular routine, practising eye washing with a mouth full of water will prevent eye diseases.
- All of the harmful effects can be kept away with a soft massage with wet hands immediately after having food.
- A grave full of eye diseases can also be part of some suppression of induced natural urges forcefully like tears and vomiting.
- Warm water bath is termed to be good for health but has adverse effects on the hair and eyes.
- Eyes can easily be afflicted with diseases and as part of protecting them, it is good to apply Anjana (Collyrium) as a routine regime and use Nasya which is a treatment procedure through the infiltration of medicines through the Nostrils. The treatment procedures of Anjana and Nasya, drain out excess kapha.
- The daily consumption of Triphala, Ghee, Barley, Wheat, Swastika shali, Saidhava Lavana, Draksha, Dadima, and Shatavari and Green Gram also does well to the eyes to an extreme extent. Also, the best Ayurvedic treatment in Dubai like Padabhyanga would do a remarkable role in protecting vision. Padabhyanga is an oil for Ayurvedic massage in Dubai for the foot that involves an application of medicated paste called lepa.
- Also, placing cotton soaked in fresh goat’s milk is one of the ideal ways to soothe eyes.
- As part of eye care, to give a cooling effect to your eyes, Ayurveda suggests cucumber slices.
- To deal with eye irritations, you can use a drop or two of rose water and can experience a soothing effect at the core.
- Castor oil can also help in the same situation, but the thing is, you need to choose one without any preservatives.
- Now, for redness, pain or swelling, boil a teaspoon of turmeric in two cups of water, and use it as an eye drop at least three to four times a day when it is cool and strained with a muslin cloth.
- For cold eye washes, infusions made of coriander seeds or fennel seeds could be ideal.
- A cold application with a cold impresser would be a relief to the burning sensation in the eyes. Cold application is not directly on your eyes, but instead a little cream of cow’s milk or fresh yoghurt in order to have a soothing effect.
- Bedtime care goes like this, apply a mix of honey and ghee around your eyes which could be the best practice that helps moisturise the eyes and reduce dryness.
- Eyecare is definitely concerned with food habits and it is important to include foods rich in vitamin A in your daily diet to maintain a healthy eye in the long run.
- In order to reduce the stress on your eyes and an improvement in the eyesight, it is very good to practise yoga asanas such as Shirshasana and Trataka.
- So, Amla and Punarnava are traditional medicine ingredients to deal with glaucoma which is defined as the Kapha Dosha problem in Ayurveda and the treatment defined is holistic. Treatment has phases to go external as well as internal medications and as a follow-up to improve eyesight, Ayurveda advises many herbal mixtures such as Triphala, either orally or as eye drops.
To keep your eyesight strong, Ayurvedic experts suggest certain food habits that are unavoidable.
Triphala churna: Triphala is the best ingredient that helps in preventing the development of cataracts as it is known for being the best source of vitamin C.
Amla: Amla strengthens eyesight as it is enriched with important antioxidants and vitamin C.
Spinach: Spinach has essential nutrients like vitamins A & C, iron and calcium, which are known to replenish the body.
Milk: Milk is the best nutrient fortified with vitamin A for maintaining eye health to cut the risk of developing cataracts.
Carrots: Carrots have beta-carotene that is good for eye health.
Make sure, you opt for any of the above remedies or any new treatment regimen at home only under the right guidance of an Ayurvedic practitioner at Ayurvedic Clinic in Dubai.